Program Student Learning Outcomes
The graduate of the Nursing Science program at University of Alaska Anchorage is prepared to:
- Engage in scholarly inquiry, including evaluation and application of evidence-based research to advanced nursing practice or leadership.
- Practice in a manner that incorporates ethical, legal, and professional standards for advanced nursing practice or nursing leadership.
- Collaborate across disciplines and in partnership with communities, groups, families and individuals through culturally sensitive practice.
- Demonstrate competence and caring in the professional nurse role to serve as a provider, leader, and educator in the health care system.
- Articulate a plan for self-directed, lifelong learning and professional development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Practice Informatics
- Role Development in Advanced Nursing
- Advanced Nursing Leadership
- Nursing Health Policy
- Knowledge Development for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Practice Inquiry: The Nature of Evidence
- Statistics for Advanced Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 738 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Bachelor or graduate degree in nursing from a program accredited by the Accreditation for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Minimum undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.00 (B) on a 4.00 scale. A student who does not have a minimum GPA of 3.00 may substitute their graduate UAA GPA (based on completion of three graduate core courses and earning a 3.00 or higher in each course).
- Minimum grade of 2.00 (C) in an undergraduate or graduate research methods course and a statistics course that covers descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Registered professional nurse license in the state of Alaska. License must remain active and unencumbered while in the School of Nursing (SON) graduate program.
- Minimum of one year of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse.
International35607 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1079 USD per credit during 12 months.
National35607 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1079 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State16929 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 513 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Anchorage
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.