The program is designed to be as flexible as possible, which allows you to complete it on your timetable.
The Sport Management program of University of Wisconsin-Parkside is designed to prepare you for success in a wide variety of careers at all levels of the industry including professional, college, high school, nonprofit, and amateur sports.
The 33-credit program was explicitly designed to meet the needs of today’s students. Our classes are offered mainly at night. But we also have day, online, and distance classes to ensure flexibility as you attempt to balance personal and professional goals and needs. You can begin any semester that is convenient for you - no need to wait for fall or a cohort to fill up.
Unlike many sport management programs, virtually the entire UW-Parkside MSSM program is taught by full-time faculty with decades of combined industry experience. A combination of small class sizes and direct access to instructors creates an excellent environment for your success.
The UW-Parkside MSSM program combines all of the aforementioned benefits with an affordability that is virtually unmatched in the Midwest. The cost per credit for completing the MSSM program is substantially lower than our regional competitors, which allows you to pursue your career goals at a much lower overall cost.
Where can I work with a Sport Management Degree?
Working in the sports industry is a dream for many. Today’s sports organizations are looking for highly-skilled employees who can quickly adapt to the exciting and fast-paced sports profession. Professional sports is just one avenue for your Sport Management degree. Upon earning your degree, you will have tangible skills that will translate into several levels of sport including the major leagues, minor leagues, collegiate athletics, sport governing bodies, sports media, other nonprofit entities, park districts, and sports complexes.
- Sports Research and Analysis Methodology
- Amateur Sports Governance and Administration
- Professional Sports Governance and Administration
- Sports Law
- Ethical Issues and Leadership in Sports
- Social and International Issues in 21st Century Sports
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Admissions will occur on a rolling basis with new applicants able to start the program during each of the academic terms
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 324 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
- A minimum 3.0 overall grade point average and an undergraduate degree in sport management/administration or a business-related major will be given preference for admission
- A completed online Application
- If applicant’s native language is not English then a TOEFL score must be obtained
- A Sponsorship Statement Form documenting support for one year of study
- Original bank statement or bank letter documenting sufficient funds for one year of study
- Official transcripts from all secondary schools, colleges and universities attended
- To receive transfer credits from a foreign university, a prospective student must have their transcripts evaluated through one of the recommended companies: ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators), WES (World Education Services), One Earth International Credit Evaluators
- Finally, potential graduate students must purchase the “Catalog Match Request” to ensure transferability of coursework
International18767 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18767 USD per year during 18 months.
National18767 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18767 USD per year during 18 months.
In-State9173 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9173 USD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.