The curriculum in the Master of Clinical Psychology program at Cal Lutheran emphasizes the development of practical research skills based on a scientist-practitioner model.
A yearlong sequence in statistics and research methods focuses on the application of statistics to answer clinically meaningful research questions. In their first semester, students receive instruction in advanced statistical methods common in clinical psychology including hierarchical linear modeling and structural equation models among others (PSYC 562).
In their second semester, students are taught advanced research methods as well as an introduction to the philosophy of science (PSYC 564). In addition to the yearlong sequence in statistics and research methods, students have the opportunity to participate in ongoing research conducted by Cal Lutheran faculty. These projects often lead to professional presentations and publications with students as co-authors.
In the second year of coursework, students enroll in a semester long research seminar that guides them in a step-by-step process to conduct their own faculty-mentored research project (PSYC 565). Students complete their research training in the spring of their second year by completing a thesis or comprehensive exam.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Systems of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Law and Ethics
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Interviewing
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Survey of Psychological Testing
- Advanced Statistics
- Advanced Research Methods
- Research Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 141 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Online application, including $25 application fee
- Official transcripts and degree certificates or certified true copies in English of all college and university records sent directly from each institution to CLU
- If you have taken the TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT or GRE exam, please send copies of any scores you have. Cal Lutheran reserves the right to request TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT or GRE scores to assist in admission decisions, although they are not always required. If available, please send a copy of your score(s) with your application.
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation from community leaders, business professionals or professors, sent directly to Cal Lutheran or submitted with the application
- Financial Responsibility Statement or Official Bank Statement
- Copy of Passport information page
International795 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 795 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National795 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 795 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.