The mission of The Catholic University of America is to render service in the United States as an intellectual center of the highest quality where every dimension of truth, natural and revealed, can be examined with competent expertise. As a central part of this mission, the School of Theology and Religious Studies sets itself two goals: to promote excellence in teaching, research, and publication in the area of theology and religious studies; and to provide the professional training of lay and clerical leaders who will serve the Roman Catholic community in the United States and throughout the world.
In pursuit of these goals, the school places emphasis on an interdisciplinary approach and collaboration with other schools of the university, on the ecumenical and interreligious dimensions of all theological studies, on the exploration of relations between religion and culture, and on the promotion of informed efforts to work for justice and peace both within the Church and in the world in the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Christian Moral Life
- Christian Social Ethics
- History and Methods in Theology
- Christian Anthropology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 184 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- Complete the Graduate Application.
- Print recommendation forms to be mailed to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Upload your Statement of Purpose essay to the online application.
- Upload your unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate level or higher courses.
- Submit contact information for three recommenders.
- Pay your $60 application fee.
- Mail official TOEFL score report and confirmation of Financial Report.
International44400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22200 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National44400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22200 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.