Though the coursework is similar to that for the general Psychology and Law degree, only 15 credits of electives are required. The M.A. offered by Catholic University of America is awarded in conjunction with the J.D. after 21 credits of coursework, approval of a topic paper, and successful completion of the comprehensive examinations.
The D.C. Advantage
With a view of the U.S. Capital from O'Boyle Hall, the Psychology Department's location and proximity to major research institutions, government agencies, and non-profits in Washington, D.C. are invaluable
Off-campus research internships are available at major labs nearby, including Children’s National Medical Center, Washington VA Medical Center, Georgetown University Medical School, and the National Institutes of Health. A wide range of non-research internships are also available at national societies such as the American Psychological Association, American Association of Suicidology, and National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, as well as at local agencies such as the FBI, crisis hotlines, centers for families and children, and outreach services for autistic children.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Introductory Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
- Developmental and Social Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Public Law View 994 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Every International applicant needs to return a completed application.
- Submit a $60 nonrefundable application fee. Payment must be in the form of a check or money order payable in U.S. currency to The Catholic University of America.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency
- Submit confirmation of financial support
- Submit secondary school report with translated transcripts
- Receive your admission packet with visa information
- Secondary School Report
- Official/Attested Copy of Transcripts
International49680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24840 USD per semester during 12 months.
National49680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24840 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.