The program focuses on advancing knowledge to acquire, store and manage, visualize, model, and analyze information about spatial features and phenomena, with strong emphasis on real world geospatial applications. The M.S. in GISci is designed as an interdisciplinary study of the nature, function, and development of spatial information systems and the application of these systems in research. Students will be involved in the technical study of the design and evaluation of scientific inquiry methods, tools, and techniques that will involve formulating hypotheses, collecting spatial information, and developing techniques for spatial analysis.
- Provide graduate students with coursework, laboratory experiences, field exercises and research opportunities in order to achieve all goals set forth above.
- Provide graduate students with a professional interactive environment that improves their opportunities to enter successful careers in geoscience.
- Increase graduate students’ probability of obtaining employment in academia or industry, or of being accepted for doctoral studies.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Geographic Information Systems
- GPS Application in Research
- GeoTechnology Seminar
- Remote Sensing
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 436 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- The student must apply to and meet all criteria for admission to the Graduate School. An Idaho State University Graduate School application and official copies of transcripts from all previous coursework are required. In addition to the requirements of the Graduate School, applicants must meet the requirements of the department.
- Departmental GRE requirements: 50th percentile or above in two of the three categories or strengths clearly demonstrated in other components of the application;
- A letter of intent and statement of goals in graduate school;
- Three letters of recommendation
International23704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23704 USD per year and a duration of .
National8928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8928 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.