The accomplished faculty has made its own mark in this arena both at the college and throughout the world and prepares students for a wide range of future careers and challenges. Graduates at The City University of New York not only represent City College at major higher educational institutions around the country but have gone on to successful careers in a wide range of legal, medical, entertainment, educational and other fields.
- Students completing the non-thesis track must earn a total of 30 credits, including 3 credits from HIST B0000: Historical Methods and Historiography and 27 credits from 9 elective courses.
- Students must write two "Field Papers" of 20 pages each. These papers are normally written as assignments for courses and must be certified either by the course instructors or by another expert in the field, and submitted to the Deputy M.A. Director or M.A. Director. See "Field Paper Guidelines" on the forms page.
- Students completing the thesis track must accumulate a total of 30 credits, including 3 credits in HIST B0000: Historical Methods and Historiography, 24 credits in 6 elective courses, and 3 credits in HIST B9900: Thesis Research.
- Students must submit a thesis prospectus, written in consultation with an adviser.
- History of Human Rights
- Genocide in the Twentieth Century
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory View 494 other Masters in History in United States
To apply for admission to the M.A. Program in History, applicants should submit:
- A statement of purpose
- A 5-8 page academic writing samples (optional but strongly recommended)
- An undergraduate transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.