The Special Education program of University of West Georgia leads to certification in grades p-12 and gives the student a Masters degree at the same time.
- Candidates understand how exceptionalities can interact with development and learning and use this knowledge to provide meaningful and challenging learning experiences for individuals with exceptionalities (CEC Standard 1 - Learner Development and Individual Learning Differences).
- Candidates create safe, inclusive, culturally responsive learning environments so that individuals with exceptionalities become active and effective learners and develp emotional well-being, positive social interactions, and self determination (CEC Standard 2 - Learning Environments).
- Candidates use knowledge of general and specialized curricula to individualize learning for individuals with exceptionalities (CEC Standard 3 - Curricular Content Knowledge).
- Candidates use multiple methods of assessment and data-source in making educational decisions (CEC Standard 4 - Assessment).
- Candidates select, adapt, and use a repertoire of evidence-based instructional strategies to advance learning of individuals with exceptionalities (CEC Standard 5 - Instructional Planning and Strategies).
- Candidates use foundational knowledge of the field and their professional Ethical Principles and Practice Standardds to inform special education practice, to engage in lifelong learning, and to advance the profession (CEC Standard 6 - Professional Learning and Ethical Practice).
- Candidates collaborate with families, other educators, related service providers, individuals with exceptionalities, and personnel from community agencies in culturally responsive ways to address the needs of individuals with exceptionalities across a range of elarning experiences (CEC Standard 7 - Collaboration).
- Candiates demonstrate knowledge and skills related to effective instruction of learners with disabilities.
- Candidates demonstrate appropriate professional dispositions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Regulations and Requirements in Special Education
- Educational Characteristics of Learners: Mild Disabilities
- Classroom Behavior Management
- Basic Curriculum and Methods: General Curriculum
- Practicum: Special Education
- Assessment in Special Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 662 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- All graduate applicants must complete the online Grad Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required
- Official transcripts from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are required and should be sent directly to the UWG Admissions Office
- A 2.7 GPA is required for admission
- Passing GACE Program Admission Test scores (formerly called GACE Basic Skills) or ACT/SAT/GRE exemption scores
- English language proficiency
International11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5610 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5610 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State2892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1446 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.