The mission of the Industrial and Organizational Psychology program of Eastern Kentucky University is to offer graduate education which provides advanced study in the behavioral science of psychology, generally, and in industrial and organizational psychology, specifically.
The scientist-practitioner program prepares high-quality professionals with a foundation in theories, methods, and research findings of basic and applied psychology and with the skills to effectively apply this knowledge in private and public sector organizations. Graduates are trained to work in various activities for improving an organization’s effectiveness, to conduct research and be sophisticated consumers of research, and to pursue doctoral level training.
The M.S. Degree in I-O Psychology is an online program including coursework in research methods, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, and professional skills. The capstone course serves the dual purpose of allowing students to integrate knowledge and skills developed through course work and put into practice in real-world work situations.
The program prepares graduates to work in a variety of areas, including: human resource management, consulting, data analysis, employee recruitment and selection, testing and development, training and development, performance appraisal and development, organizational development, change management, job design and evaluation, compensation and benefits, among others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to I-O Psychology
- Work Analysis
- Performance Management
- Organizational Psychology
- Organization Change and Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 158 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two undergraduate psychology courses including statistics and one upper division psychology course.
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75, and 3.0 overall in the last 60 hours of the bachelor’s program.
- Targeted Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores of 149 or above on the Verbal section and 144 or above on the Quantitative section.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation providing evidence of academic potential from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic or employment experience.
- A statement of career goals and objectives demonstrating academic potential and appropriate interests.
- Curriculum Vita/Resume
International775 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 775 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National775 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 775 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State550 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 550 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.