The philosophy of the Marriage and Family Therapy program at Central Connecticut State University is that a student must integrate theories and techniques as tools for enhancing one's effectiveness as an agent of intervention and change.
The program does so by interweaving theory and practice throughout the duration of the training process via graduated practical experiences while studying theory. Thus, through the process of study and practice, the student has an opportunity to incorporate a wide array of learning gradually and comprehensively. The end product of such training is a therapist who is well-grounded in theory and who has had nurturing through an on-going training and supervisory process to use him/herself effectively, professionally, and ethically as an agent of change at a variety of levels. A unique feature of the program is that we utilize a “common factors” approach based on a theoretical model called “Metaframeworks”, which provides a template for looking through different systemic “lenses” to make decisions regarding how to intervene to remove constraints preventing a person, couple, family or organization from making necessary changes for their well-being.
The program is nationally accredited by AAMFT's Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counseling and Human Development Across the Lifespan
- The Dynamics of Group Behavior
- Theories and Techniques in Counseling
- Introduction to Theories of Family Systems
- The Family Life Cycle
- Couples Therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 1095 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Students must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education to apply for a Master's Program, post baccalaureate teacher certification, and most other programs.
- The undergraduate record must demonstrate clear evidence of ability to undertake and pursue studies in a graduate field successfully.
- To apply for the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership, 6th year certificate degrees, and Advanced Official Certificate Programs in Professional Counseling, Superintendent of Schools and Reading, a master's degree is required.
International26072 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13036 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26072 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13036 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12848 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6424 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Britain
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.