The philosophy of the Marriage and Family Therapy program at Central Connecticut State University is that a student must integrate theories and techniques as tools for enhancing one's effectiveness as an agent of intervention and change.
The program does so by interweaving theory and practice throughout the duration of the training process via graduated practical experiences while studying theory. Thus, through the process of study and practice, the student has an opportunity to incorporate a wide array of learning gradually and comprehensively. The end product of such training is a therapist who is well-grounded in theory and who has had nurturing through an on-going training and supervisory process to use him/herself effectively, professionally, and ethically as an agent of change at a variety of levels. A unique feature of the program is that we utilize a “common factors” approach based on a theoretical model called “Metaframeworks”, which provides a template for looking through different systemic “lenses” to make decisions regarding how to intervene to remove constraints preventing a person, couple, family or organization from making necessary changes for their well-being.
The program is nationally accredited by AAMFT's Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE).
- Counseling and Human Development Across the Lifespan
- The Dynamics of Group Behavior
- Theories and Techniques in Counseling
- Theories of Family Systems
- The Family Life Cycle
- Couples Therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 637 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- An Affidavit of Support (Declaration of Finance) form
- Official transcripts and records of undergraduate and graduate studies from all institutions attended.
- Original translations of academic records.
- An original foreign credentials course-by-course evaluation report from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).
- Unless waived by the University, proof of competency in English
International48132 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 764 USD per credit during 12 months.
National48132 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 764 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State47187 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 749 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New Britain
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.