English from University of North Florida core curriculum focuses on the analysis of poetry, drama, fiction, film, and other kinds of texts; developing a critical vocabulary for describing the complexities of literary texts; understanding the nature of literary conventions; exploring the different literary traditions in British, American, and world literature; and investigating developments in and value of contemporary literary theory. The program supplements the core curriculum by providing instruction in rhetoric and composition.
Many graduates of our program are teaching in public schools or at the community college level. Others have found or created jobs for themselves in:
- web-based publishing
- technical writing
- trade publishing
- television and radio production
- public relations
- bookstore management
- corporate in-house education and training
- university admissions
- fund raising
- script writing, and more.
- Studies in Early American Literature
- Studies in Later American Literature
- Technical Writing
- Grant Writing
- Studies in Composition Theory
- Teaching Practicum in the Writing Classroom
- Studies in Composition Research
- Studies in Film
- Studies in Fiction
- Studies in Poetry
- Studies in Drama
- Studies in Genre
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 1030 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or its equivalent from a foreign institution, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study. BA in English or related field.
- Official transcripts, and foreign evaluations if applicable, from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Course in literary criticism (such as ENG 4013 or 4014) with a grade of B or higher
- Writing sample must be submitted directly to the Graduate Program Director: 4-7 pages of literary criticism or composition or rhetorical analysis (not creative writing or personal essay), Paper written for an undergraduate literature class is appropriate
International34129 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34129 USD per year during 24 months.
National34129 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34129 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State24211 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24211 USD per year during 24 months.
Living off campus
- Local - $25,531
- National and international - $35,449
Living costs for Jacksonville Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.