Its objective is to prepare students for a variety of positions in business, industry, and the public sector; for continued study at the doctoral level; or for academic careers at the two-year college level. We believe that excellent graduate education is best accomplished in an atmosphere in which graduate students are closely mentored by the faculty. The faculty in Computer Science is committed to the study of Computer Science as a scientific enterprise, and the Master of Science in Computer Science will encourage the development of critical thinking and quantitative reasoning skills. In keeping with the mission of the University, we offer a curriculum that includes opportunities for applied experiences to enhance the professional development of our students and to contribute to the community around us. In addition, our program seeks to recognize the global awareness of the computing world and to build links with higher education institutions in the world.
The Master of Science Program in Computer Science at the California State University San Marcos provides breadth in several areas and depth in a specialized area in the rapidly advancing theoretical and practical aspects of Computer Science. Common to these offerings are the intelligent challenges and analytical skills of computational problem-solving methodologies.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a Master of Science in Computer Science will be able to:
- Analyze the architectures of various communication protocols and emerging technologies in local and wide area networks.
- Design, implement and test software based on the object-oriented paradigm to meet specific requirements.
- Apply theoretical foundations that they have learned.
- Evaluate and compare different algorithms given a task.
- Conduct independent research in a specific topic in Computer Science: develop, document and present clearly.
- Independently acquire new computer-related skills based on previous knowledge.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Analysis and Intractability of Algorithms
- Data Communication and Computer Networks
- Design Patterns and Object-Oriented Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , Local
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 782 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- A completed university application form via Cal State Apply
- Application fee
- A completed departmental application for the Master’s program in Computer Science, sent directly to the Computer Sciences Graduate Admission Coordinator.
- three letters of recommendation sent directly to the Computer Sciences Graduate Coordinator.
International16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16680 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National16680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16680 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7176 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.