It will enable them to explore existing policy issues and practices, and apply the insights provided to their own experiences.
Students have the opportunity to engage with a broad range of perspectives and develop a comprehensive theoretical understanding of education policy. Students will study major and topical themes within social science (such as globalisation, markets and managerialism) with a particular emphasis on their effects on and relevance to education.
Graduates of this Policy Studies in Policy Studies in Education MA programme offered at the University College London (UCL) are currently working across a broad range of areas. Some are working as teachers, while others have jobs in education policy-making. Graduates can also be found studying for PhDs.
- Sociology of Education
- Understanding Education Policy
- Understanding Education Research
- Sociology of 'Race' and Education
- Rights and Education
- Gender, Sexuality and Education
- Theoretical Foundations of Educational Ideas
- Minorities, Migrants and Refugees in National Education Systems
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend you apply as soon as possible. The programme may remain open if places are still available and will be closed as soon as it is full or by 30 June.
DisciplinesEducation Public Policy Political Science View 494 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard in education or sociology or a cognate discipline is required. Some educational experience in either teaching or administration is considered an advantage.
International26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,400
- International: £13,300
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.