A hallmark of the graduate experience at Gonzaga is close work with faculty members throughout the department. In keeping with our Jesuit mission, our graduate students explore the significance of philosophy for fundamental questions of human meaning and value.
With a broad spectrum of graduate courses and research opportunities (as well as scholarships and financial aid), our program has two major areas of study: History of Western Philosophy and Social and Applied Ethics.
More informationVisit official programme website
- History of Ancient Philosophy
- History of Medieval Philosophy
- Social Justice
- History of Modern Philosophy
- Walker Percy
- Contemporary Philosophy
- American Philosophy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 181 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- A completed application form
- Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended (international applicants must submit foreign transcripts in the original language and an English copy). Only degrees and courses from regionally accredited institutions will be accepted. If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by the Graduate Admissions Office on your behalf.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Standardized test scores
- Personal statement of philosophical background and interest
- A sample of philosophical writing (no more than 3500 words)
International1350 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1350 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1350 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1350 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- Fr Richard E. Twohy, S.J., Scholarship / Assistantship: approximate total value: $16000
- Peter M. Tripp Endowed Scholarship / Fr Robert J. Spitzer, S.J., Faith & Reason Institute Program Assistantship: approximate total value: $20600: approximate total value: $14000
- Fr Robert J. Spitzer, S.J., Faith & Reason Institute Program Assistantship: approximate total value: $20600
- Academic Year Graduate Assistantship: approximate total value: $7400
- Thesis Scholarship: approximate total value: $2490
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.