The Communication Disorders program at Arkansas State University consists of 49 semester hours beyond the Bachelor's degree, including credit for clinical practice. Clinical practice consists of direct clinical experience supervised by the Communication Disorders faculty and/or clinical instructor. Each candidate and the advisor will plan and design a program of study to ensure that professional requirements will be met.
The successful student is expected to have demonstrated expertise and in-depth knowledge of the normal communication processes, development, and disorders thereof; evaluation procedures to assess the bases of such disorders; and clinical techniques that have been shown to improve or eradicate them. In addition, competency must be demonstrated in the related areas of human anatomy and physiology, psychological dynamics, and research.
- Research in Communication Disorders
- Fluency Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Language Intervention for At-Risk Infants and Toddlers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 231 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
- Application to Graduate School accompanied by Application Fee
- GRE scores (must be within 5 years)
- Immunization record including MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella)
- Current Resume
- Personal statement consisting of 500 - 1,000 words with attention given to the applicant's professional goals, past experiences, and contributions the applicant expects to make in Communication Disorders
- Unofficial copy of transcript. Official transcripts must still be sent to Graduate Admissions
- Three letters of recommendation/rating forms, which should be from former supervisors and faculty, completed on the program's recommendation forms. All references must be sealed and signed over the seal by the person who wrote the recommendation
International15194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7597 USD per semester during 24 months.
National15194 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7597 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4273 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Jonesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.