History from University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) prepares graduate students for advanced research experience. Students go through a process of research and writing three primary-source-based research papers, which make well-evidenced arguments, grounded in historiography and theory.
CareersOur MAs apply their skills in many ways: presenting their work at academic conferences; teaching at universities, community colleges, and K-12 schools; and engaging in professional work (internships) at museums, archives, and other organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Readings in Medieval European History
- Readings in the Renaissance and Late Medieval Europe
- Readings in the Reformation and Counter Reformation
- Readings in the Age of Revolution, 1789 - 1870
- Readings in Modern Europe, 1870 to the Present
- Readings: Religion and Culture in America, 1500 to 20th Century
- Readings in U.S. History, 1765 - 1815
- Readings: United States, 1815 - 1876
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
The History MA program has a rolling admission cycle, meaning that completed applications are reviewed each month by the Graduate Studies Committee.
DisciplinesHistory View 662 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit a $60 non-refundable application fee ($100 for international applicants)
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university previously attended, regardless of whether a degree was earned or required.
- Submit your letter of intent indicating which semester you intend to apply. Letters of intent should address the following questions: Why are you applying for a M.A. in History at UCCS?; What are your fields of interest?; What topic/subject would you like to pursue?; Has any life experience impacted your interest in historical inquiry?; What personal or career goals to you have after completing MA?
- Provide three (3) academic letters of recommendation, ideally from past professors and/or supervisors.
- Provide a writing sample of 8-12 pages, approximately. Applicants typically submit a research or analytical/critical essay written during prior academic work. Writing samples with citations and bibliography are preferred.
International15034 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7517 USD per semester during 12 months.
National15034 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7517 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State7546 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3773 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Colorado Springs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.