This career allows students to perform tests to analyze bodily fluids, which aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
The Medical Laboratory Science program from the Rush University is built around a core of basic and advanced theoretical knowledge combined with clinical practice in hematology, clinical chemistry, immunology, molecular diagnostics, immunohematology and clinical microbiology.
Medical laboratory science career options
- Graduates of the Rush University MLS program are employed in multiple settings, including: hospital and independent reference laboratories, universities and colleges, outpatient clinics, medical and biotechnology research facilities, government regulatory agencies, forensic and crime laboratories, veterinary clinics and zoos. The range of jobs for medical laboratory scientists with a master’s degree is wide.
- This program is also a great option for students who want to complete a post-baccalaureate program before medical school. Students are given the opportunity to learn about the procedures and processes that take place in medical laboratories to diagnose diseases, complete community service, conduct research projects and obtain many other skills before their medical school journey.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
In your first year as a Medical Laboratory Science student, you will learn basic theories and skills in the following areas:
- Clinical chemistry
- Clinical immunology
- Clinical microbiology
- Molecular diagnostics
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Public Health Human Medicine View 473 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form.
- Unofficial transcripts - An unofficial copy of your transcript from each college and university attended is required. Copies should be uploaded online via the application system only.
- Grade point average - GPAs must be converted to a 4.0 scale.
- Standardized test scores.
- TOEFL scores - Scores must be submitted for international applicants who have received a diploma from a university at which English is not the language of instruction. TOEFL scores will be waived for non-native English speakers who have completed a Bachelor’s degree or higher from a US accredited institution and have demonstrated language proficiency supported by the interview.
- Applicant fee - A $50 application fee is required to submit the application.
- Statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation.
International836 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 836 USD per credit during 21 months.
National836 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 836 USD per credit during 21 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.