Students develop a critical awareness of the relationship between Jews and Christians — and learn to address complex religious, ethical and social issues to promote justice and peace. Graduates are prepared for doctoral biblical and religious studies, or for any facet of interreligious and multicultural relations, dialogue and diplomatic encounters — from teaching to ecumenical administration to seminary. The first of its kind in the United States, this degree offers both a thesis and a non-thesis option.
This program offered by Seton Hall University aims to build an internationally diverse community of leaders, scholars, educators and students. As a result, our curriculum covers all aspects of the relationship between Jews and Christians — including their values and traditions. Courses emphasize the interdisciplinary study of sacred texts, and place them in their historical and socio-religious world context. Thesis students complete 36 credits, including six in the reading of Hebrew texts. Non-thesis students also complete 36 credits, and must demonstrate a basic knowledge of biblical Hebrew. There are numerous course options, including Cross-Cultural Analysis for Jewish-Christian Studies, Medieval Jewish Thinkers and Teachings of Jesus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biblical Readings in Hebrew Bible
- Readings in Qumran Literature
- Rabbinic Readings in Hebrew
- Biblical Thought I: The Hebrew Scriptures
- Biblical Thought II: Paul and John
- The Jewish Texture of the Gospels
- Hebrews and Catholic Epistles
- Bible and Masorah
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Religious Studies & Theology View 542 other Masters in History in United States
- Online Application Form
- Official Transcripts
- Standardized Test Score (i.e., GMAT, GRE, LSAT)*
- Personal Statement - In approximately 250-500 words please share your professional goals following your graduate business degree. In addition, please discuss why the Stillman School of Business can help you achieve those goals and what you can contribute to our graduate learning community.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Application Fee
International1354 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1354 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1354 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1354 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for South Orange
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.