The History program of University of West Georgia prepares students for careers in teaching, law, business, government, museum work, archive management, public history, and library and information science. There are concentrations in American, World, European, Public History, Atlantic World, and War and Society in Global Perspective; a certificate program in Museum Studies in conjunction with the Atlanta History Center; and a post-M.A. certificate in Public History. Working closely with our faculty, you will be trained to think critically, write clearly, and analyze effectively.
Students who receive the Master of Arts Degree in History will be able to:
- Conduct historical research
- Formulate and defend a historical argument in Standard English
- Demonstrate knowledge of historiography and its changes over time
- Demonstrate knowledge of the theory and practice of public history [for public history track only]
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of a subfield of public history [for public history track only]
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- War, State, and Society in Early Modern Europe
- The First World War
- Special Topics in European History
- Special Topics in World History
- Introduction to Public History
- Theory and Practice of Oral History
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 97 other Masters in Modern History in United States
- All graduate applicants must complete the online Graduate Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required.
- Official transcripts from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are required and should be sent directly to the UWG Graduate Admissions Office.
- An undergraduate major or minor in history or a closely related field, including survey (or equivalent) courses in American History and European or World History.
- Acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- A cumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all work taken at all colleges.
- A writing sample
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- English Language Proficiency
International11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5610 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5610 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State2892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1446 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.