The English program of University of West Georgia is designed to cultivate advanced mastery of content within the discipline, refined skills in professional and scholarly writing, comprehensive knowledge of critical practices, and a keen awareness of contemporary issues in the study of literature. Graduate students will be able to demonstrate advanced mastery of content within the discipline by answering comprehensive questions about specific writers, genres, texts, and literary periods that they have studied and that they have achieved refined skills in professional and scholarly writing. This expectation presumes a command of pertinent critical assumptions, methodologies, and practices.
- Graduate students will demonstrate advanced master of content within the discipline by answering comprehensive questions about specific writers, texts, and literary periods in four major areas: British Literature, American Literature, and a Specialist Area (e.g. theory, pedagogy, film, creative writing, publishing and editing)
- Gratuate students will demonstrate an advanced facility in connecting literary works to their specific historical and cultural contexts in four major areas: British Literature, American Literature, and a Specialist area.
- Graduate students will demonstrate an advanced understanding of contemporary critical and theoretical methodologies that are applicable to the study of literary and cultural texts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar in British Literature
- Seminar in American Literature
- Seminar in Special Topics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 464 other Masters in Literature in United States
- All graduate applicants must complete the online Graduate Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required.
- Official transcripts from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are required.
- Undergraduate degree in English or equivalent course work in English, and a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.2.
- Three positive letters of recommendation from professional sources qualified to address th e candidate's specific disciplinary strengths.
- A persuasive narrative statement that articulates the candidate's reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in English.
- Official GRE scores
- English Language Proficiency
International11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5610 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5610 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State2892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1446 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Carrollton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.