The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at Chapman University prepares students to become fully credentialed and licensed speech-language pathologists, clinicians and/or supervisors in healthcare and education settings.
This full-time, intensive program is a rich combination of didactic and clinical/fieldwork courses providing carefully guided internships each trimester. Placements include hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, private practice, agencies, early intervention programs, and K-12 public schools. Students have both on-site supervisors and university supervisors assigned for each setting. Completion of the requirements for the MS degree and passing scores on required tests, allows graduates to be recommended for the Preliminary California State Credential in Speech-Language Pathology.
Through skillful modeling and leadership, and highly individualized instruction, students develop the necessary professional competencies to:
- Assess and treat persons with developmental or acquired communication disorder, such as stuttering, deafness/hearing loss, cleft palate, articulation disorder, child language disorder, autism spectrum disorder, voice abnormality, aphasia, traumatic brain injury, and swallowing disorders;
- Counsel and support individuals, their spouses, family members, siblings, educators and other professionals on the use of hearing aids, assistive listening devices, cochlear implants, augmentative and alternative communication systems, and other technology to communicate effectively.
Program at a Glance
- The Masters of Science graduate degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders is conferred one day a year, August 1st
- A cohort model with entry each fall
- A 62-unit program designed to be completed in two years (including summer terms), which includes a total of 11 units of practicum.
- Late afternoon and evening classes
- Required 400 hours of supervised practicum in a variety of education and healthcare settings
- Research Methods
- Articulation & Phonology
- Clinical Proc./Prof. Issues
- Diagnostics and Assessment
- Healthcare Interprof Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 234 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Official Test Scores
- Recommendation Letters
- Statement of Intent
International25008 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12504 USD per semester during 24 months.
National250028 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 125014 USD per semester during 24 months.
Prices are set per trimester
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.