Why Earn a Master's Degree in Applied and Industrial Mathematics?
This Applied and Industrial Mathematics program at Towson University prepares you for careers in industry, government and academia. Graduates go on to careers in fields such as operations research, stochastic modeling, financial data analysis and statistics.
The program offers broad knowledge of applied mathematics with an emphasis on mathematical modeling, numerical computations, chaotic dynamics, queuing systems, financial systems and statistical analysis.
You’ll select one of two tracks focused on a high-demand area in business and industry:
- differential equations/optimization track
- applied statistics/mathematical finance track
Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, Towson University (TOWSONU) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. Towson University (TOWSONU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Masters Internship
- Applied Mathematics Graduate Project
- Applied Numerical Analysis
- Linear And Nonlinear Programming
- Advanced Topics In Applied Operations Research
- Integral Transforms And Applications
- Applied Partial Differential Equations
- Asymptotic And Perturbation Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 378 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United States
- A baccalaureate degree in mathematics or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university*. The applicant's undergraduate training must have included at least three terms of calculus, a course in differential equations and a course in linear algebra. Students with any deficiency in their mathematical background may be admitted conditionally if they are willing to correct such deficiency.
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 for full admission and at least 2.75 for conditional admission is required. All GPA calculations for admission are based upon the last 60 credits of undergraduate and post-baccalaureate study.
International1104 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1104 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1104 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1104 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State612 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 612 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Towson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.