With a master’s degree in Chemistry from Missouri State University, you will be prepared to continue your career in the field of chemistry. More than 60 percent of our graduates go on to pursue doctoral degrees (PhD) in chemistry.
To help you prepare and search for jobs, the Missouri State Career Center provides a database of current openings, tips for preparing your résumé and on-campus interview opportunities. The Career Center also compiles information about what you can do with a chemistry major.
Core Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of major concepts in all five major disciplines of chemistry: analytical, biochemistry, inorganic, organic and physical.
- Students will employ critical thinking and the scientific method to design, carry out, record and analyze the results of chemical experiments.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in the use of appropriate instrumentation to collect and record data from chemical experiments.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in the use of appropriate library searching and retrieval methods to obtain information about a topic, chemical, chemical technique, or an issue relating to chemistry.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in writing and speaking about chemistry topics in a clear and concise manner to both chemists and non-chemists according to professional standards.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of specialization
- Analytical chemistry
- Inorganic chemistry
- Organic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 991 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the U.S. or equivalent training in a foreign university.
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, or a minimum GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale for the last 60 hours of course work.
- Scores from the Verbal Reasoning , Quantitative Reasoning, and Analyitcal Writing sections of the Graduate Record Examination. Normally, students are expected to score at or above the 50th percentile on each section of the GRE. A waiver of this requirement may be requested for exceptional circumstances.
- International applicants from countries not recognizing English as the primary official language are additionally required to submit a score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of not less than 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 79 (internet-based) and with a minimum of 50th percentile on the Listening Comprehension Section.
- A minimum undergraduate foundation in chemistry.
International18326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18326 USD per year during 12 months.
National9112 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9112 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9112 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9112 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.