The broad educational objective is to develop managers and leaders who possess expertise in both theoretical and experiential dimensions of security management. Graduates will be knowledgeable of pragmatic issues but will also operate on the cutting edge of strategic issues facing security in the future.
The face-to-face Homeland Security Studies program at Sam Houston State University is run as a cohort and enrollment is available in the Fall term only. Students may be admitted to the online program in the Fall, Spring or Summer terms.
The Master of Science in Homeland Security Studies is a unique program that provides a comprehensive security management program to individuals wanting to advance their knowledge, skills, and qualifications within the dynamic field of security. This specialized degree program will produce professionals who are best qualified to meet the intersecting demands of the criminal justice system and homeland security. The broad educational objective of the program is to graduate managers and leaders, individuals who will possess expertise in both theoretical and experiential dimensions of security management.
The Master of Science in Forensic Science is accredited by the Forensic Science Education Programs Accreditation Commission (FEPAC)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Homeland Security
- Res Meth-Homeland Security Studies
- Unconventional Threats
- Law and Ethics in Homeland Security
- Critical Infrastructur Protection
- Global Perspectives in Homeland Security
- Information and Intelligence Management
- Digital Forensics Investigation
- Digital Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security View 118 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit the ApplyTexas.org Application (International) and pay the nonrefundable application fee of $75 in U.S. currency via MasterCard, American Express, VISA, Discover Card, money order or check drawn on a U.S. bank.
- Submit official transcripts from all college coursework.
- Submit the official credentials evaluation.
- If transcripts are from a school outside of the U.S. the document must be translated and evaluated by a NACES accredited service or SDR Educational Consultants
International20398 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10199 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20398 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10199 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5219 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Huntsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.