Training practitioners of peace and justice
Building upon a broad range of undergraduate majors, students in the Peace and Justice program at University of San Diego learn how to address a wide range of peace and social justice challenges, including armed conflict, refugee and forced displacement issues, human rights abuses and environmental injustices.
Building careers in peace and justice
MAPJ graduates make global impact through careers in public and private sectors, as well as intergovernmental organizations and nonprofits. Graduates work in areas of international development, humanitarian aid, human rights, environmental policy and peace and security, and in fields including policy advising, advocacy and research, conflict resolution, community outreach, trauma recovery, refugee support, fundraising and more. Our students and alumni stand out for their capacity to analyze the root causes of violence, oppression and injustice, and apply impactful peacebuilding strategies to address them.
- Peace, Justice & Social Change
- Leadership and Organizations
- Peace and Conflict Analysis
- International Justice & Human Rights
- Program Design, Monitoring & Evaluation
- International System
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Terrorism & Security View 382 other Masters in International Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee ($45)
- Four short essays
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Official transcripts documenting each course taken beyond the high school level (whether or not within a degree program) and all degrees awarded
- Two letters of recommendation
- International students must also submit official scores from the TOEFL or IELTS
- Official transcripts must be translated by an outside agency such as World Education Services (WES)
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is NOT required
International23400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1200 USD per credit during 24 months.
National23400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1200 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.