Its purpose is the automation, management and improvement of health information in the support of health care delivery.
University of San Diego’s practical M.S. in Health Care Informatics program prepares you for success with a practical curriculum that develops your technical, programmatic and analytic competencies while addressing contemporary issues in informatics such as population health analysis, clinical documentation and workflow optimization, and data security. The program is cross-disciplinary and draws faculty from healthcare, business, engineering, and computer science to prepare you with the range of skills necessary to take on a leadership role in informatics within your organization, or to apply your highly marketable skills to a new challenge.
Why Choose University of San Diego
USD’s M.S. in Health Care Informatics has been certified as an Approved Education Partner by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), meaning it meets rigorous standards for delivering world-class, effective health care and health IT education. The program prepares students to pass industry health IT exams.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Health Care Information Management
- Introduction to Health Care Delivery Systems
- Systems Analysis and Design for Health Care Informatics
- Database Design and Knowledge Management
- Strategic Planning and Management of Health Systems
- Health Care Leadership, Values and Social Justice
- Financial Management in Health Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Health Informatics View 1103 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved, accredited school
- Basic computer and information management skills
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Bachelor’s GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of the University Application
- Official transcript from the University that conferred your bachelor’s degree
- Technical aptitude and experience as demonstrated on resume
- One year of work experience preferred
International1535 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1535 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1535 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1535 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.