Through our core curriculum and practice in the field, you'll be prepared to become an exemplary counselor committed to ethical practice in diverse global contexts. We place a strong focus on program planning and evaluation, leadership, applied research and evidence-based interventions—as well as advocacy for human development issues and equitable access to quality services and programs. As a graduate of this program, you can work in a number of public and private clinical settings, or continue on to doctoral work.
This Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) Program at University of San Diego follows a specific course sequence and requires practicum work in the second year. You will have general administrative support from the deparment and a faculty advisor who can help you shape your studies and career path. When you step out into the professional world post-graduation, you'll be well prepared and deeply familiar with how to offer meaningful intervention and make a lasting impact.
- Prepare students to lead purposeful lives with successful careers in leadership, education, counseling, and therapy in the 21st century.
- Expand access and demonstrate inclusive excellence to benefit the learning and success of all students and to advance educational equity and become a first-choice school of education sciences for underrepresented students.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human Development
- Research Methods in Counseling
- Career Development Across Lifespan
- Multicultural Counseling
- Counseling Psychology: Theory and Practice
- Group Counseling
- Assessment Techniques In Counseling
- Clinical Interviewing
- Advanced Counseling: Diagnosis & Treatment Plan
- Addictions Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 919 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Current Resume — You will submit a resume detailing your employment and/or educational experience.
- Personal Statement, Statement of Purpose and/or Essays — Personal statement(s) vary depending on the program you are applying to. Please check the prompt in your application.
- Letters of Recommendation — Your letters should be from professors familiar with your scholarly work, or from professional supervisors who have had experience in a graduate program and who can provide information about your potential for success as a graduate student.
International1509 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1509 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1509 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1509 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.