Offered through USD’s Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering, the MS-CSE program emphasizes a mission-centric focus while engaging students in academically rigorous training on the engineering aspects of software and hardware security. It is designed for industry professionals and bachelor-prepared students who want to effect positive change by developing and deploying engineering solutions to mitigate cybersecurity threats.
This Cyber Security Engineering master’s degree program at University of San Diego is distinguished by:
- An integrated approach to cybersecurity education developed in collaboration with industry, military, intelligence community and government stakeholders to deliver specific, in-demand knowledge and skill sets.
- Dynamic, highly relevant curriculum designed by instructors with years of applied experience protecting national assets from the worst types of cyber threats.
- Intensive, in-depth focus on the most critical issues and threats being confronted by cybersecurity professionals today.
Careers in CybersecurityNow that the global epidemic of cyber crime has triggered a worldwide effort to beef up cybersecurity across all industries, employers are paying top dollar for cybersecurity engineering professionals who possess the needed skills, experience and education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Cyber Security
- Applied Cryptography
- Security Policies
- Security Assurance
- Secure Network Engineering
- Trusted Systems Design, Development, and Analysis
- Secure Systems Engineering
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response
- Cyber Security Operations
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology IT Security Cyber Security View 225 other Masters in Cyber Security in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering or computer science
- Bachelor’s GPA of 3.0 or higher
- The completion of a standardized test, such as the GRE, GMAT, Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or LSAT may be submitted to strengthen an application if the undergraduate GPA is lower than 3.0, or upon recommendation of the admissions committee.
- TOEFL scores of 120 or above (if applicable)
- Statement of purpose (minimum 500 words)
- Letter of support from the candidate’s employer or two letters of reference
- Resume showing information technology experience as demonstrated through academic or career experience
- Students are required to bring a laptop to all courses
International22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 USD per credit during 20 months.
National22500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 USD per credit during 20 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.