To be effective on the international stage, legal professionals, business people and policymakers need to understand different legal cultures and ways of operating and communicating within alternative business contexts and regulatory frameworks.
This LLM in Law (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh provides an ideal learning environment for individuals to develop the skills and knowledge upon which further study or a relevant career can be built.
The programme spans foundational issues in areas of law, including:
- Commercial law
- Information technology law
- Intellectual property law
- Medical law
Graduates of our online distance learning programmes progress to a range of careers in Law and related legal fields, including work in local and international firms, government legal departments, other public institutions, international organisations and in academia.
The programmes are also an ideal platform for advanced research.
More informationVisit official programme website
- To be awarded LLM Law you must successfully complete six courses and a 10,000-word dissertation during your chosen duration of study.
- During your studies you will also have the opportunity to study up to two courses from different subject areas such as intellectual property law, medical law or international commercial law.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- No Attendance
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies View 55 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law.
- We will also consider a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a social science subject.
- Your other qualifications and professional experience will also be considered as part of your application.
- Entry to this programme is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements for consideration does not guarantee an offer of study.
International20700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA20700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- 2 years (part-time): £10,350
- 20 months (part-time): £10,350
- 32 months (part-time): £6,900
- 3 years (part-time): £6,900
- Edinburgh Law School Tercentenary Awards for Excellence
- Online Learning Scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.