To be effective on the international stage, legal professionals, business people and policymakers need to understand different legal cultures and ways of operating and communicating within alternative business contexts and regulatory frameworks.
This LLM in Law (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh provides an ideal learning environment for individuals to develop the skills and knowledge upon which further study or a relevant career can be built.
The programme spans foundational issues in areas of law, including:
- Commercial law
- Information technology law
- Intellectual property law
- Medical law
Graduates of our online distance learning programmes progress to a range of careers in Law and related legal fields, including work in local and international firms, government legal departments, other public institutions, international organisations and in academia.
The programmes are also an ideal platform for advanced research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- To be awarded LLM Law you must successfully complete six courses and a 10,000-word dissertation during your chosen duration of study.
- During your studies you will also have the opportunity to study up to two courses from different subject areas such as intellectual property law, medical law or international commercial law.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies View 126 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law.
- We will also consider a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a social science subject.
- Your other qualifications and professional experience will also be considered as part of your application.
- Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
- Relevant professional qualifications will be considered.
- Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- 2 years (part-time): £11,500
- 3 years (part-time): £7,670
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.