Students choose between two cumulative options: the master's thesis or the graduate music education project, which is applicable to the specific teaching area. Topics are chosen in consultation with the student's graduate committee/chair advisor.
The master of music degree in music education is a hybrid degree that offers courses online and face-to-face during the summer and academic year. The disbursement of the course materials are structured to meet the needs of the working public school teacher and the post-undergraduate looking for an advanced degree. The degree program is flexible in its offerings to allow for successful completion within a two year period. An interview is required with Music Education professor.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Forms And Analysis
- The School Music Program
- Supervision And Administration Of Music Education
- Concepts In Music Education
- Introduction To Music Bibliography
- Thesis In Music
- Music Cultures Of The World
- Medieval And Renaissance Music Literature
- Baroque Music Literature
- Classical And Romantic Music Literature
- Twentieth-century Music Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3529 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application Fee: An application fee of $35.00 U.S. dollars must accompany each Graduate Application
- One Official Transcript: One official transcript verifying receipt of an undergraduate degree and previous graduate credit must accompany an application
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required of applicants to most graduate degree program
- Admission Test Scores: If test scores are required by a graduate degree program, the test score reports must be sent to the Graduate School from the testing center.
- Statement of Purpose: Applicants are encouraged to provide information about their reason for pursuing graduate studies
International627 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 627 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National627 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 627 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State326 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 326 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.