We are proud to have the only full-time fine arts photographic professor in South Dakota’s higher education system with more than 35 years of experience. Students explore techniques in photography development, printing and creative process and participate in critiques, lectures and demonstrations on critical issues in photography.
Our photography facilities include:
- Fully equipped Camera studio: Nikon 3200 Digital SLRs, 8’x 10’ cameras, 4’x5’ cameras, medium format cameras, 35mm single lens reflexPhotography stuido cameras
- A large selection of lenses, accessories, LED and hot light kits, analog and digital lab equipment
- Shooting and lighting studio with a high-end strobe system, and backdrops
- Black-and-white darkroom with 22 enlargers
- Alternative processes and film developing facility for palladium, wet plate collodion, other historic processes and black and white film processing
- Fully equipped printing shop: Epson 9800 printer, 44” wide Epson 4900 professional printer, 17” wide professional printer
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Photography Materials & Methods
- Advanced Photography Materials & Methods
- Creative Research Photography
- Photography Issues
- Photography Concepts & Theories
- Advanced Photography Concepts & Theories
- Photography Master’s Portfolio
- Photography Master’s Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 215 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- Application Fee: An application fee of $35.00 U.S. dollars must accompany each Graduate Application
- One Official Transcript: One official transcript verifying receipt of an undergraduate degree and previous graduate credit must accompany an application
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required of applicants to most graduate degree program
- Admission Test Scores: If test scores are required by a graduate degree program, the test score reports must be sent to the Graduate School from the testing center.
- Statement of Purpose: Applicants are encouraged to provide information about their reason for pursuing graduate studies
International627 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 627 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National627 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 627 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State326 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 326 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.