The Writing degree at University of San Francisco offers graduate students an intimate, personalized learning experience while taking advantage of San Francisco’s vibrant, eclectic literary scene.
the program is designed to instruct writers in creative techniques, nurture their individual development and vision, and help them thrive in the larger community of writers.
Graduates with Writing from University of San Francisco will be able to:
- demonstrate a working knowledge of the fundamentals of artistic composition and craft
- ability to read as writers, analyzing in works by published authors the ways in which literary meaning is made
- ability to evaluate and analyze the techniques and intentions of literary manuscripts and to participate in constructive critical discussion of such works
- preparation for entry into the public life of literature, which includes locating their own work in the context of contemporary literary practice, preparing their work according to professional standards, teaching creative writing, and participating in diverse literary
More informationVisit official programme website
- Word for Word
- Developments in the Novel
- Contemporary American Poetry
- Forms of Writing
- Evolution of the Short Story
- Contemp. Experiments/fiction
- Poetry International
- Topics in Writing
- Intention and Design in Prose
- Techniques of Long Fiction
- The Craft of Short Fiction
- Truth, Ethics, and Memory
- Prosody: Meaning/Poetic Form
- Style in Fiction
- Blurred Boundaries:Beyond Genr
- Nonfiction Theory & Technique
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 271 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- Certification of Finances
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Transcript (Academic Record) from each university or college attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Two Letters of Recommendation
International1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
National1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.