Our sixteen-month curriculum is flexible, providing students with the comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience to assume a variety of roles within cultural, artistic, and heritage organizations.
Students of the Museum Studies program from University of San Francisco will:
- Articulate a critical understanding of the histories, challenges and methodologies related to museums as complex public service organizations
- Analyze institutional practices in light of USF’s mission of social justice
- Apply skills and knowledge essential for successful professional patterns of behavior and practice in all types of museums and like organizations
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Museum Management
- Museums and Social Justice
- Cult Heritage and Soc Just
- Collections Mgmt/Preservation
- Graduate Internship
- Museum Studies Capstone
- Curatorial Studies Practicum
- Exhibition Design Practicum
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Museum Studies View 676 other Masters in History in United States
- A Bachelor's degree in any field is required. A GPA of 3.0 or higher is recommended. Students have diverse degrees in anthropology, art history, biology, business, environmental science, history, English, journalism, psychology, sociology, photography or design. Some also have backgrounds in chemistry, law or education. Work, volunteer experience or internships in a museum before graduate studies is strongly recommended.
- Transcript (Academic Record)
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Letters of Recommendation
International36240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 16 months.
National36240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 16 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.