Museum Studies program at University of San Francisco focuses on social justice and curatorial practice; education and new technologies; conservation and heritage preservation; arts and cultural management; and financial and project management. Students integrate and apply knowledge from a variety of disciplines in order to analyze global issues that affect museums – from equality and diversity to access and human rights.
Graduates with Museum Studies from University of San Francisco will be able to:
- articulate a critical understanding of the histories, challenges and methodologies related to museums as complex public service organizations
- analyze institutional practices in light of USF’s mission of social justice
- apply skills and knowledge essential for successful professional patterns of behavior and practice in all types of museums and like organizations
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Museum Studies: History & Theory
- Cultural & Financial Management
- Museums & Social Justice
- Cult Heritage and Soc Just
- Collections Management & Preservation
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Applications are encouraged and considered for admission after the priority date of February 1, 2020.
DisciplinesMuseum Studies View 50 other Masters in Museum Studies in United States
- A Bachelor's degree in any field is required.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is recommended.
- Certification of Finances
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Transcript (Academic Record) from each university or college attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Two Letters of Recommendation
International1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 16 months.
National1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.