The International Studies degree at University of San Francisco focuses on development and the environment, political and economic aspects of globalization, human rights, peace and conflict resolution, and international law and organizations.
Graduates with International Studies from University of San Francisco will be able to:
- Understand the major structural, cultural, and relational shifts that have emerged in response to globalization from a variety of disciplinary perspectives, with a special emphasis on non-state actors.
- Identify key organizations, institutions, and global and regional norms and how they interact with sub-state forces to shape policy, advocacy, and social movements.
- Develop an understanding of the diverse aspects of global civil society and the political, economic, legal, environmental, social and cultural forces that are shaping contemporary global issues through the local-global connection.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically engage categories of cultural difference and diversity and evaluate their influence on contemporary phenomenon.
- Utilize mixed research methodologies, an interdisciplinary perspective, and community engagement skills to analyze key issues in international studies.
Our students graduate with the skills needed for a variety of careers, including international and governmental affairs, advocacy work, policy and project development, foreign service, international non-governmental organizations, international development, and further graduate study.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Critical Social Theory in Global Perspective
- Culture, Power, and Social Movements
- Governance and Global Justice
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Justice
- Advocacy Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 160 other Masters in International Relations in United States
- Certification of Finances
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Transcript (Academic Record) from each university or college attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume or CV
- Two Letters of Recommendation
International1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1480 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.