Both tracks of the Biomedical Informatics program of The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston provides students with knowledge and skills to deliver innovative solutions to real-world problems in health information technology. Both tracks have CAHIIM Accreditation and can be completed online. Master’s students also have the option of enrolling full time or part time in either track. Semester credit hours earned in the master's programs are transferrable to the doctoral program.
The research focuses on how health and biomedical data are collected and processed into health information and knowledge and how they are applied to support clinical decision making. Students in this will gain solid understanding in basic aspects of biomedical informatics as well as in-depth knowledge in focus areas of the student's choosing. The research requires 39 semester credit hours to complete. The program concludes in a capstone/practicum project that allows students to work on an investigative project to demonstrate their learning acquisition in a professional setting.
The mission of the applied master’s in the biomedical informatics program is to educate and train future leaders, innovators, and problem solvers across Texas, the nation, and the world. Our students will utilize data, information, and knowledge to design, implement, and evaluate health information solutions to improve human health.
The applied biomedical informatics track is a fully online program. Students will learn about the modern U.S. health care system, electronic health records (EHRs), health care legislation, standards, health information security protocols, health data science, change management, and project management. The program culminates in a capstone project that allows students to apply learned skills in a real-world setting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biomedical Informatics
- Foundations of Biomedical Information Sciences
- Research Design and Evaluation in Biomedical Informatics
- Statistical Methods in Biomedical Informatics
- Scientific Writing in Healthcare
- Foundations of Pharmacogenomics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Informatics View 52 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- $60 Application Fee
- Baccalaureate or higher degree
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
- Grade Point Average (GPA): no minimum GPA requirement. Majority of successful applicants have a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Resume and/or Curriculum Vitae
- Three Letters of reference from educators & employers
- Goal Statement
- Please note: Current students in the certificate program applying to the master's program should complete at least 3 classes before applying. It is also recommended that at least one of the reference letters be from an SBMI faculty member.
- Please note: Students on a F-1 student visa are not eligible to enroll in the Master of Science in Applied Biomedical Informatics program. F1 sponsorship is available for students in the Master of Science in Research Biomedical Informatics program.
International10356 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5178 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National10356 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5178 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State3048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1524 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.