Suitable for graduates with strong mathematics skills, you will need a background of accounting, finance, economics, business administration, mathematics, science, statistics or engineering.
The Accounting and Finance departments hold the gold standard of recognition as a Centre of Excellence in the provision of finance teaching by The Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments (CISI). Finance students will be given student membership of the CISI when they enrol on a programme, allowing them access to a range of professional networking and career development opportunities.
The Investments programme from the University of Birmingham has been acknowledged as incorporating at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and placing emphasis on the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice within the program.
This programme positions students well to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation, which has become the most respected and recognized investment credential in the world. Entry into the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program signals to potential students, employers, and the marketplace that the MSc Investments curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and is well-suited to preparing students to sit for the CFA examinations.
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online.
Students have gone on to work in a wide range of industries, in organisations such as Accenture, Deloitte, PWC, Ernst and Young, KPMG, Arcadia Group, Cisco Systems, Nissan, Ford, BP, Cadbury, P&G, and a whole host of smaller companies and public sector organisations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Financial Modelling and Forecasting Techniques
- Financial Statement Analysis for Investors
- Foreign Exchange and International Money Markets
- Fund Management
- Investment Mathematics, Concepts and Markets
- Portfolio Theory and Investment Analysis
- Risk Management
- Security Analysis and Valuation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 703 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- A good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university or equivalent. The degree must be in a relevant subject and/or applicants must have obtained good grades in mathematical related modules at undergraduate level.
- GCE A-Level grade C or better or overseas equivalent in mathematics can be considered for meeting the mathematical module requirement. If you would like A Level (or equivalent) mathematics to be considered as part of your application, please upload evidence of these results when making an application. We can only consider these qualifications if they are submitted as part of the admissions application
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
- If you're an English-resident, or EU student, you may be eligible for a loan to study a taught or research Masters in any subject. The government-backed student loan will provide up to £10,280
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.