Our curriculum trains practitioners to develop their unique occupational lens. Curricular threads intersect and overlap so that each student engages with their coursework in a personalized way.
Students in the Occupational Therapy degree at Washington University in St. Louis learn how to select and use appropriate theories, models of practice, and frames of reference to guide the occupational therapy evaluation and intervention process.
They are able to evaluate and apply research literature and evidence to support practice. Students develop professional behaviors that are consistent with the occupational therapy code of ethics, governmental requirements, professional standards and institutional policies.
Graduates enter practice with the following competencies to:
- Use evidence to inform occupational therapy assessment and intervention across the continuum of care
- Develop community programming
- Exercise sound, professional judgement and clinical reasoning
- Value and encourage interprofessional collaboration
- Promote an inclusive culture of humility and sensitivity
- Use current technologies and informatics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues in OT Practice
- Theory and Foundations for OT Practice
- Fundamentals of Health Care and Professional Practice
- Fundamentals of Professional Communication
- Toolbox to Support Professional Practice
- Fundamentals of Evidence-Based Practice
- Neuroscience Principles of Performance
- Body Structures Supporting Daily Function
- Fundamentals of Assessment
- Environmental Factors Facilitating Performance
- and Participation
- Applied Research/Clinical Practice
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Management, Organisation & Leadership View 2189 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students considering submission of an application to Washington University for graduate study should have a general familiarity with academic practices and university customs in the United States.
- All international students are required to present evidence of their ability to support themselves financially during graduate study.
- International students whose native language is not English must submit score reports from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
International50001 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50001 USD per year during 28 months.
National50001 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50001 USD per year during 28 months.
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.