Using an interdisciplinary and antiracist perspective to critique global and local power, the program emphasizes social justice and transformation while focusing on U.S. ethno-racial populations through intersectional, decolonial, transnational, international and urban frameworks.
The Critical Ethnic Studies program draws on DePaul University’s expertise across disciplines, including:
- African and Black Diaspora Studies
- English Communication
- Global Asian Studies
- History International Studies
- Islamic World Studies
- Latin American and Latino/a Studies
- LGBTQ Studies
- Sociology Women’s and Gender Studies
- Critical Social Theory
- Critical Ethnics Studies
- Mobility and the State
- Cities and Racial Formation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The master’s in Critical Ethnic Studies has a rolling admission deadline.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies View 149 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United States
- A completed online application
- Official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended
- Personal Statement/statement of purpose (300-500 words)
- Writing sample (academic writing of approximately 2,000 words)
International21870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 12 months.
National21870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 729 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.