With a highly interactive curriculum designed to challenge and engage you while remaining convenient for the working professional, as a graduate of this Online Education program, you will be uniquely prepared for a career in school and/or rural libraries.
Completion of the Master of Library Science program at Appalachian State University entitles the graduate to apply for licensure (076 Media Coordinator) from the State of North Carolina as well as Public Librarian Certification from the North Carolina Public Librarian Certification Commission.
It is nationally recognized by the American Association of School Librarians (AASL) and nationally accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
What Does a Career as an Archivist or Curator Look Like?
Archivists and curators research, gather, document, store and exhibit collections of artwork, collectibles, historic items or scientific specimens of museums or other institutions.
Archivists and curators typically:
- Plan and organize the acquisition, storage and exhibition of collections and related materials.
- Design and execute exhibition themes and designs, and develop or install exhibit materials.
- Develop and maintain an institution's registration, cataloging and basic record-keeping systems, using computer databases.
- Plan and conduct special research projects in area of interest or expertise.
- Provide information from the institution's holdings to other curators and to the public.
- Negotiate and authorize purchase, sale, exchange or loan of collections.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Collection Development and Management
- Information Sources and Services
- Organization of Information
- Strategic Administration of Library Resources and Services
- Technology and Libraries: Tools, Resources, and Issues
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science View 92 other Masters in Library Science in United States
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Meet Graduate School admission criteria
- Five or more years experience in a public library or a school with a supporting letter of recommendation from a supervisor
- GRE or MAT scores are required for entry into this program unless the applicant has a GPA of 3.4 or better
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Official transcripts must be submitted showing any completed degrees and transcripts showing any coursework completed at institutions other than Appalachian in the last five years
- Three references
- Application fee
International33300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State9576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 266 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Boone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.