The Literacy program at the University of Nebraska Omaha focuses on literacy pedagogy. During the program candidates will expand their knowledge in the following areas:
- Ability to apply research in reading and writing to teaching
- Skills for working with struggling readers and writers in PK-12 settings
- Leadership skills to work with students and their teachers in literacy
- Understanding components of students’ diversity as readers and writers
- Using various types of literature to increase students’ skills as readers and writers
- Theories, Models, and Practices of Literacy
- Principles and Practices for Teaching Readers
- Assessments and Interventions - Elementary
- Assessment and Intervention - Secondary
- Teaching the Language Arts
- Children's Literature and Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiteracy Education View 160 other Masters in Literacy Education in United States
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- A valid teaching certificate or statement of interest in/evidence of work or research with children, youth, or adults in teaching and learning environments.
- UNO College of Education's "Personal and Professional Fitness" form
- International students who do not expect to teach in the US may be eligible for admission.
- Applicants are required to have a command of oral and written English.
- Complete an application & upload requirements.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 (U.S. dollars) is required.
- Submit official transcripts and test scores.
- Submit financial requirements for I-20 processing.
- Submit final degree evaluation.
International16374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16374 USD per year during 12 months.
National16374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16374 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7752 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Omaha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.