Original research is an integral part of both the thesis and non-thesis degree options. Faculty areas of expertise include ecology, physiology, genetics, molecular biology, taxonomy, behavior, and developmental biology of a wide variety of organisms.
The M.S. Biology degree from University of Nebraska Omaha prepares students for employment in industry, private or government agencies, and academics, as well as further education in professional programs, such as the Ph.D. or M.D.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Comparative Genomics
- Cancer Biology
- Flora of the Great Plains
- Conservation Biology
- Restoration Biology
- Molecular Genetics
- Fire Ecology
- Developmental Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry View 868 other Masters in Biology in United States
- The applicant’s GPA in undergraduate biology courses will be determined and must be 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- An applicant must normally present 24 semester hours of credit in the biological sciences, including genetics (sophomore level or above), ecology (junior level or above) and molecular/cell biology (junior level or above).
- If applying for financial support as a Graduate Assistant, applicants for whom English is not the language of nurture should take the internet-based TOEFL, the IELTS, or the PTE.
- Entrance Exam
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Test with a combined score (verbal + quantitative) of 1000 (if test was taken before August 1, 2011) or 297 (if test was taken after August 1, 2011) and a minimum writing score of 3.5.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
International16020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16020 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7138 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7138 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.