The Criminology and Criminal Justice (MSCCJ) degree program from Arizona State University provides students with the advanced research skills needed for careers as criminal justice researchers, leadership roles in criminal justice and related agencies and organizations, and for continued study in doctoral programs in criminology and criminal justice.
Both thesis and non-thesis options are available to complete the M.S. degree. Students who do not wish to write a thesis may complete a capstone policy paper. Students who elect to write a thesis will engage in research that makes a contribution to knowledge in the field.
Benefits of program
- Research preparation for PhD programs and/or to understand and employ evidence-based best practices in the justice profession
- Highly ranked graduate program
- Courses designed and taught by nationally-esteemed faculty
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Criminal Justice
- Seminar in Criminology
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- Statistical Tools for Criminal Justice
- Advanced Statistical Analysis
- Theory and Practice in Criminal Justice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 234 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in criminal justice or a related field, from an institution with regional accreditation;
- Show promise of success as demonstrated by scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), undergraduate accomplishments, faculty letters of recommendation, professional experience;
- Have career goals that are compatible with the educational objectives of the program;
- Applicants must have at least a 3.0 undergraduate GPA for admission to the MSCCJ program.
International25200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25200 USD per year during 12 months.
National23544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23544 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Phoenix
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.