The American Studies program from the Kennesaw State University is multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary, focusing on the study of American cultures as they exist locally, regionally, nationally, and transnationally. With grounding in the content knowledge and methodologies from a range of fields, students are actively encouraged to pursue an understanding and critical analysis of the history, literature, arts, politics, language, philosophy, and social practices of the multitude of American communities.
American Studies is an interdisciplinary field which concentrates on the study of the Americas, with historical emphasis upon the United States. The goal is to analyze the social, historical, material, ideological, and aesthetic aspects of American culture, both past and present. American Studies traditionally incorporates knowledge from the fields of history, literature, political science, economics, sociology, anthropology, and the fine arts among others.
Careers in American Studies
- Students who graduate with a degree in American Studies have a knowledge of America’s history, an understanding of its politics, an insight into its literature, and familiarity about its culture and foreign policy, all of which could be attractive to potential employers looking for someone who can demonstrate flexibility of thought.
- Other key skills include critical evaluation, excellent communication and organization, clear and logical thinking, and cultural awareness.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- KSU's master of arts program in American Studies (MAST) offers an interdisciplinary study of American cultures as they exist locally, regionally, nationally, and transnationally.
- As the sole American Studies graduate curriculum in the University System of Georgia, KSU's course of study introduces students to the most important and innovative scholarship dealing with the United States and the Americas and their role in the world.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAmerican Studies View 68 other Masters in American Studies in United States
- A completed application form and $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from all previous intuitions in which the student has attended. Transcripts should be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- An official GRE score report.
- A letter of application that describes your education and/or professional background, your future goals, and how admission into the MA Program/Graduate Certificate will help you accomplish those goals. T
- A writing sample consistent with program content and student goals. The sample should be relevant to the field of American Studies broadly defined and should be refined and revised to fit within 5-7 double-spaced pages.
- An optional resume or CV.
- Up to two letters of recommendation concerning your academic and/or professional preparation for the MA Program or Graduate Certificate in American Studies.
International12792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6396 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National12792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6396 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State3552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1776 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.