The Masters in Latin and Classical Humanities has the following three tracks:
1) The Applied Linguistics Track for students seeking increased expertise in the Latin language and classical culture and essential theoretical and applied understanding of second language acquisition for personal or professional enrichment or in preparation for doctoral study in related fields.
2) The Licensure Track for students seeking increased expertise in the Latin language, Latin pedagogy and an initial teaching license in the state of Massachusetts.
3) The Greek/Latin Track for students seeking increased expertise in Ancient Greek and Latin languages in preparation for entry into a doctoral program in Classics.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Life and Works of Julius Caesar
- Special Topics
- Topics in Greek Literature
- Roman Comedy
- Methods of Teaching the Latin Language
- Latin Letters
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages General Studies & Classics Teaching View 95 other Masters in General Studies & Classics in United States
Admissions requirements will include submission of GRE scores; TOEFL scores where applicable; a minimum 3.0 GPA overall, with a minimum of 3.25 in the major; three letters of recommendation; a personal statement; and an interview whenever possible. Normally, students will be expected to have completed an undergraduate major in classical language; students with deficiencies in their Latin preparation may be admitted provisionally and required to take Latin courses at the undergraduate level before full admission to the program. The application deadline for Fall admission is June 1st, for Spring admission, November 1st.
International34270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17135 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National28396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14198 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State17730 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8865 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.