Our program in Historical Archaeology from the University of Massachusetts Boston thrives on using artifacts, documents, environmental data, landscapes, architecture, and oral history in its holistic anthropological studies of colonialism, imperialism, African Diaspora, past and present Indigenous peoples, globalization, urbanization, political economy, environmental change, food practices, multicultural societies of the modern world, social history of the disenfranchised, and heritage politics.
We offer students a rich venue for engaging with these diverse research topics and data sources and frequently doing so in community-engaged and collaborative contexts.
You can do many things with an anthropology degree. Our alumni apply their learning to a wide range of fields including:
- Education, as teachers and administrators at the elementary, secondary, and college level.
- Social service and advocacy/justice, as youth workers, health educators, nurses, international relief specialists, and supporters of Cultural Survival and similar organizations.
- Public health, as epidemiologists whose training in human biology, the evolution of pathogens, and understanding of the health consequences of global phenomena such as war makes them uniquely qualified to study patterns of disease from biocultural perspectives.
- Museums and heritage tourism, as employees at the Boston Museum of Science, the Colonial Williamsbu
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Public Archaeology
- Graduate Seminar In Historical Archaeology
- Seminar In The Prehistory Of The Americas
- Archaeological Methods And Analysis
- Topics In Environmental Archaeology
- Materials In Ancient Societies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History View 36 other Masters in Archaeology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Online Application and Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
International35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17990 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17990 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State18432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9216 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.