- The Initial Licensure program is a 37-credit program that consists of 13 required courses leading to public school licensure. The 13-course sequence includes a 1-credit pre-practicum and a 6-credit full-time practicum. Students take 2-3 courses a semester and complete their pre-practicum in their penultimate semester and their practicum in their final semester. This program takes 2-3 years to complete depending on how many courses students complete each semester.
- The Early Childhood Non-Licensure/Community Professional program is a 36-credit program that prepares students for work in a broad range of early childhood settings as an educator, policy worker, non-profit professional, or leader. This program consists of 12 courses including core classes and electives. This program takes 2-3 years to complete depending on how many courses students complete each semester.
Graduates of the Early Childhood Education MEd from University of Massachusetts Boston have a working knowledge of the dimensions of typical and atypical child growth and learning (language development, cognition, approaches to learning, social and emotional development, and physical and motor development); skills in assessment, curriculum development and implementation, and ethics and professionalism.
Graduates are able to create and/or modify environments, curriculum, and individualized and family development plans to ensure access and involvement by all children and their families in educational settings.
The Early Childhood Master’s Program, housed within a public urban university, is dedicated to the training of educators who are prepared to teach individuals from various diverse backgrounds in school and early childhood settings.
- Foundational Understandings of Early Childhood/Early Intervention and Special Education
- Development and Characteristics of All Young Learners Including Those with Special Needs.
- Creating Effective Learning Environments and Fostering Positive Social Interactions
- Observing, Documenting and Assessing in Early Childhood/Early Intervention
- Language Development and Literacy in Early Childhood/Early Intervention
- Science and Mathematics Instruction for All Young Children
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 3389 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's Degree
- Online Application and Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
International36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
National36880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18440 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State18894 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9447 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.