In addition to offering a rigorous course of study in economic and statistical analysis, the MA in Global Political Economy and Finance from The New School provides a thorough grounding in historical and contemporary political economy and finance, culminating in an internship or mentored research project.
A flexible elective option allows for concentrations in classical political economy, international and development economics, financial economics, environmental economics, or the economics of labor markets and race, class, and gender.
The program offers the training required to pursue advanced degrees in economics, finance, business, and related fields, and provides students with the analytical and policy skills required for careers in finance, government, business, and international development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The three electives can be any courses offered by the Department of Economics or courses offered by other departments that approved by the Economics faculty advisor.
- Students can use elective courses toward completing one of the university’s graduate minors. These structured pathways of study immerse master's and doctoral students in disciplines outside their primary field and expose them to alternative modes of research and practice. Completed graduate minors are officially recorded on students' transcript.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- MA, MS, and Graduate Certificate Applicants:
- Full Fellowship Deadline: January 7
- Second Deadline: May 5
- Final Deadline: August 1
- Non-degree and Readmit Deadline: August 1
- MA, MS, and Graduate Certificate Applicants Only:
- Priority Deadline: November 1; rolling after that date
- Non-degree and Readmit Deadline: November 1
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Political Science View 576 other Masters in Finance in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our programs welcome applicants from all walks of life, from recent college graduates to graduate students, working professionals to career changers. We engage in a holistic review of each application.
- Submit Your Application Fee
- Submit Required Essays
- Submit Your Résumé or CV
- Submit Two Letters of Recommendation
- Submit Official Transcripts
- Our Mailing Address
- Submit an Academic Writing Sample
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2260 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 USD per credit during 12 months.
National2260 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.