University of Massachusetts Boston offers a distinctive research-focused Master’s program in Applied Economics that expands on both orthodox and heterodox theories and their policy implications.
We also offer an accelerated BA/MA program (4+1) in Applied Economics for eligible undergraduates.
Why choose us?
- Integration of a range of economic theories and interdisciplinary approaches;
- Excellent research and teaching faculty;
- Development of statistical techniques most useful for applied economic and policy research;
- Emphasis on economic issues facing urban areas locally, regionally, and globally with a particular focus on equitable economic development, our ecological footprint, and inequality by gender, race, and class.
- Recent graduates work at US federal government agencies, state government, and private and nonprofit organizations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Microeconomics
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Elective or GIS/Survey Research course
- Political Economy
- Urban Economics Fundamentals
- Applied Economics Research Practicum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 20 other Masters in Econometrics in United States
- Bachelor's Degree
- Online Application and Fee
- Official Transcripts
- Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
International35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17990 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National35980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17990 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State18432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9216 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.