These Adolescent Italian programs at The City University of New York are not designed for individuals who already have NYS certification in Italian 7-12.
- Minimum GPA for Retention - Graduate students must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 to remain at Hunter College. Students whose grades fall below this standard are required to raise their GPAs to at least 3.0 within one semester.
- No F in the first two semesters—students who receive a grade of F or WU in any course in the first two semesters will not be allowed to continue in the program.
- Progress holds due to Incomplete Grades - Students with two or more INCs will not be allowed to register for any courses.
Key Course Performance Standards
- Students must receive a grade of at least a B in key program courses.
- Students who receive a grade of F or WU in key program courses may not continue in the program.
- Key Program Courses are identified by the label (KC) in the course title.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Foundations of Adolescent Education
- Educational Psychology: Applications to Adolescent Education (KC)
- Building the Foundations of Literacy in Adolescent Education
- Student Teaching in Italian, Grades 7–12 (KC)
- Practicum in Italian, Grades 7–9 (KC)
- Practicum in Italian, Grades 10–12 (KC)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Educational Psychology Teaching View 426 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0
- General education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include: artistic expression; communication; information retrieval; concepts in history and social sciences; humanities; a language other than English; scientific and mathematical processes; and written analysis and expression.
- Two professional references.
- A personal statement.
- Oral proficiency at the Advanced Low level on the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language (ACTFL) Advanced Level Check Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI).
- Submission of official score report on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), except applicants who are certified teachers or school administrators and hold a graduate degree.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 12 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.