The purpose of the Physiology and Neuroscience programme from Wright State University is to provide the student with a strong research-oriented background in one of several areas of physiology, biophysics, or neuroscience. A program of study is designed for each student by the student’s faculty advisor and an advisory committee. The second year is devoted almost exclusively to research and culminates in the writing and oral defense of a thesis based upon original research performed while enrolled as a graduate student at the university. The degree requires successfully completing a minimum of 30 credits of graduate-level course work offered by the College of Science and Mathematics and defending a research thesis.
The goals of the graduate program are to provide the opportunity for graduate students to apply their knowledge of physiology and neuroscience to solve an original problem through laboratory research and to achieve a high level of professional competence.
All graduates of the program develop a depth of understanding of human physiology and neurobiology, are afforded the opportunity to prepare for a career in researchand are prepared for further professional study following graduation.
The graduate program:
- Prepares you for a research career in the biomedical sciences
- Serves as a transition to a Ph.D. program or other professional program
- Features courses taught by full-time Graduate School faculty
- Provides a strong academic foundation in physiology and neuroscience
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introductory Neurophysiology
- Molecular Biochemistry
- Principles of Biomedical Research
- Physiology Seminar
- Human Physiology
- Lab Rotation
- Intercellular Communication
- Physiology Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Neuroscience View 46 other Masters in Neuroscience in United States
- B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree
- Suggested prerequisite courses: general biology (two years), chemistry (two years including organic chemistry), general physics (one year), mathematics (one year through introductory calculus), and one year of advanced study in biology, chemistry, physics, or computer science
International24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12143 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National24286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12143 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State14298 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7149 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.